About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Like a doves under the oak trees, the cool breeze on my wings, a butterfly visits. Silently awaiting the visit of my Shepard, to set with me, and teach me to fly.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Homeschool thoughts

As the next semester approaches, I have used the amblesideonline.org to guide my literature for the children. I have used an eclectic style with the kids for years, but I believe that the philosophy of Charlotte Mason has been my outlook regarding most education. My eldest daughter loves to read so much, and I hope to go to the library this week. I've written her an index card of the books I would like her to read before summer. I've done the same for my son. I'm considering moving my son up to a higher science, to challenge him more, and give his brain more to think about.

I'm trying to consider that I may not necessarily need more organized things, but more priorities to accomplish. We will be printing out our charts to keep us on a good schedule, and it helps to see some progress on them.

I really like the Abeka books for science. They are so interesting and all my children like them. I would like to incorporate some character based learning into our day. Since the town near us has a big Medieval Fair in February, I would love to do some unit studies on that this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment